Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nature Walk

Today prompt in my photography workshop was all about gathering. I took this to prompt us to take a fun nature walk, and let Lily do the gathering! We went out to the walking path near us, basket in Lily's hand, and searched the ground for acorns, pretty leaves and pine cones! We had a wonderful time together finding natures little beauties!

Lily found a huge leaf:

And plenty of acorns!


A quick picture of what the girls were doing while we gathered...Ella FINALLY learned how to hold the bottle by herself this week!

Back to Lily's acorn hunt...she was fascinated by the acorn shells that came stuck together!



"Hey wait up Mommy!! Look what I found!"


One of the pretty leaves we found:


Ella wanted to check it out:


Tiny hands exploring:


We found a tiny leaf:


Lily made up a story about how this little leaf was lost, and was looking for it's Daddy!


She was so tender and gentle with this tiny leaf!

After our walk we went to the play ground. But first Lily sat for some quick photos with our acorn (those will be in my photography workshop blog post). She had fun playing with them before running to the swings!



Then Ella came out to play for some photos!


Of course she found something to put in her mouth!




The babies and I parked it under the pine tree for more photos while Lily played...and the girls found pine cones to add to our nature collection:




Violet had a blast finding pine cones!




It was a wonderful outing! Much needed outside time after the days and days of rain we've been having! I'm so glad today's photo prompt gave me this idea! Now I just have to think of a project for Lily to do with all our little treasures that we found!

No comments: